✨ Fall SALE! Use code: "FALL20" ✨
June 14, 2023
4 things to remember:
1) We all do it. >> When was the last time you found yourself comparing? I bet it doesn't take too long to remember! Maybe it was just a few hours ago at the gym as you lifted your weights next to superman... or maybe it was in class when you got your test scores back and the person next to you got an A+ 101% (How did they get better than 100?!). Maybe it was even to your spouse this morning that when the alarm went off, they got up and you didn't. Whenever the last time was, i'm sure it wasn't too long ago.
2) It is always in your deficit. >> Have you ever noticed that when comparing it's always in your deficit? X person has .... and I don't, therefore, i am worse than them. It is always compared to what they have, who they are, or what they do that we don't and therefore, we are less.
3) You truly can never compare... you don't have or see the full picture. >> Have you realize this? When was the last time you spent the entire day with them? Never, right? What experiences have they had throughout their life that has gotten them to the point they are at? The experiences that you have had, are likely quite different. We can't fully compare because we have never walked their shoes and likewise, they have never walked ours!
4) It’s your race and the world is working in your favor. >> When it comes down to it, we're each very unique. The experiences that I have had that have shaped me, the experiences that you have had, and the experiences Jane down the street have had are all so different. Your gifts are not mine... my gifts are not Jane's and her gifts aren't either of ours. We're running our own races! Choose your path & run!
Questions to ask yourself:
Why do we compare?
What is bringing you to compare? In this episode we discuss the why behind your comparing.
How can we stop comparing?
We offer practical steps to combat consistently comparing yourself to others.
What are we comparing?
What are you actually comparing yourself to? Is it a specific person and their whole being? Is it to specific personality traits? Looks? Abilities? Things or possessions?
Take Homes for you today:
1) Focus on similarities
2) Be collaborative
3) Set your own expectations and goals
4) Don’t look to just one person - diverse profile
September 08, 2023
August 25, 2023