✨ Fall SALE! Use code: "FALL20" ✨
June 16, 2023
Welcome back for another weeks episode! Emily and I are very excited to be talking this week about the "Journeyman's Mentality." It something I, Michael, discovered while racing in a marathon. The journeyman's mentality is a state of being. It states, "life is not about finding joy in the journey, but by finding peace." Peace comes from living in alignment with our values.
Joy is a single emotion felt at one single time. While peace is a state of being. We can feel peace at all times, no matter the emotion we feel in that specific moment. Find peace.
In this episode we discuss:
1) Life is about FINDING PEACE in the journey. We then dive into specifically how we can find more peace in the journey. I go in depth recounting the moment I realized that for the last 6-8 months of my life, I have been at extreme peace. During this time, I have felt a range of emotions: sadness, anger, frustration, joy, bliss, excitement, stress, anxiety, etc. Those were all emotions felt at one given time! While peace was & is the state of being I have been in.
2) We discuss emotions. It is common to think that there are positive and negative emotions. We are here to dispel that. There is no such thing as positive or negative emotions. Only emotions that serve a purpose. Emotions controlled, all serve a purpose. They key question to ask yourself is 1) Is this emotion controlled? 2) What purpose is this trying to serve?
We offer 4 practical steps that you can implement into your day to be at more peace, today!
1) Identify your top 5 values & do something for them every single day
2) Do something hard everyday
3) Get outside your comfort zone
4) Prioritize taking care of yourself
September 08, 2023
August 25, 2023